Spring ABC’s is another of the long skinny samplers by Little House Needleworks. One of the reasons I love this series is because they can be finished to fit into small spaces on my wall. I stitched Autumn ABC’s earlier but have not made it into a bellpull it as yet.
The recommended fabric is 32ct Vintage Examplar from Lakeside Linens. Since I cannot see to stitch on fabric with that small a count, I chose to use 16ct Regency by Picture This Plus. I also did not have all of the recommended floss by Classic Colorworks so will be using a floss collection from VIctorian Motto Sampler Shoppe, Tribute to Sisters.
Recommended Floss/Colors I used
- CC LaTierra/VMSS Walnut Bark
- CC Eggshell/VMSS Hopscotch (for flowers) VMS Mocha Cream
- CC Old Marigold/VMSS Dried Peaches
- CC Stormy Night/VMSS Chiming Bells (from Rocky Mountain Wildflower Collection)
- CC Sugared Violets/VMSS Easter Bonnets
- CC Weeping Willow/VMSS Stitching Together
- CC Wagon Wheel/VMSS Primitive Taupe Brown
And the finished piece.