When I first saw the Summer Schoolhouse series by Brenda Gervais advertised, I was not that interested. The main reason is I like to know what a project is going to look like BEFORE I decide to stitch it. Once I saw Lesson #1 I decided YES, I need this. The only problem was the entire series was designed to be stitched on 28ct Mushroom Lugana with 1 over 1. I knew that would be impossible for me to even see but decided I wanted to stitch it anyway, Mine would just not be TINY. I signed up with Crazy Annie’s Stitchin for her autoship program and received Lessons 1 and 2 at the same time. The series consists of 4 charts with 6 projects and includes stitching and finishing instructions for all 6 projects.
I decided to stitch each of the projects on 16ct Regency Aida by Picture This Plus and use the thread from the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe rather than the recommended threads.
Stitch Count: 140wx 103h
Design Size: 8 3/4 x 6 1/2
Started Stitching: August 14, 2017
Finished Stitching: August 26, 2017
Stitch Count: Miss Polly Pinkeep is 63w x 89h and on Little Master Tommy Pinkeep 67w x 90h
Design Size: Miss Polly Pinkeep is 4 x 5 5/8 and on Little Master Tommy Pinkeep is 41/4 x 5 5/8
Recommended threads and my selection for Lesson #1.
- WDW Sandcastle/VMSS Desert Grass
- WDW Flatfish/VMSS Mixed Wood Brown
- WDW Oscar/VMSS Mountain Laurel
- WDW Olive/VMSS Tea Leaves
- GAST Woodrose/VMSS Desert Rose
- GAST Mountain Mist/ VMSS Old Time Blue
- GAST Uniform Blue/VMSS Delft Blue
- CC Eggshell/Mocha Cream
- CC Used Brick/VMSS Cranberry Bog
- CC Cayenne/VMSS Prairie Rose
- CC Hazelnut/VMSS Spiced Cider
Lesson #2 adds these thread colors:
- WDW Peach/VMSS Flesh (1 strand)
- GAST Lexington Green/VMSS Lighthouse Blue
- GAST Old Hickory/VMSS Regal Brown
- CC Pebble Beach/VMSS Mocha Tan
The whole series! An old fashioned school box houses the collection. Directions for finishing the school box are included with Lesson 4. However the box will not fit unless you have stitched the series on 28ct over 1.
I will probably display mine in my long basket. I did order the hornbook kit in the hopes I can stitch it over 1 on 28ct. We shall see if my eyes cooperate.