I was given Hedgerow Birds as a gift from a stitching friend. I first went searching for the buttons it used and ordered them. While the chart recommends stitching this project on 20ct Straw linen by Weeks Dye Works, I selected 20ct Ivory Lugana which I ordered. The fabric reminds me of the 18ct Davos I used to stitch many of my Prairie Schooler charts on. I also decided to use some of the Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe threads rather than what the chart recommended. I am getting a little more comfortable in making color changes.
The above picture shows the chart, fabric, buttons, and threads I selected. I started stitching this one on September 21, 2016. The colors I selected to use are:
- VM Pink Roses instead of CC Jakey Brown
- VM Faded Pink Lace instead of CC Sunkissed
- VM Parsley instead of GA Apple Cider
- VM Spring Green instead of GA Chamomile
- VM Primitive Purple instead of GA Old Purple Paint
- VM Purple Hollyhock instead of GA Old Red Paint
- Carries Creations Soot for the birds and VM Olde Gold for the bird eye.
- VM Rose Plum for part of the Alphabet
And a finish for the front.
On to stitching the back of the bag now.
And the back is finished.
Started stitching on Sept 21, 2016. Finished stitching October 14, 2016.