I’ve been seeing postings for Spring Fling by Blackbird Designs for a couple of years now and thinking I MUST stitch this one. It is one of the many out of print charts but I was lucky enough to trade another chart for this one.
A friend sent me some of the colors to stitch this so I finally got around to working on it. I chose a piece of mint green 16ct Aida I had in my stash and changed around some of the colors. I forgot to take a picture of this one with the floss and fabric before I started stitching so this will have to do.
Started Stitching: August 24, 2016
Finished Stitching: September 4, 2016
The floss colors I chose were as follows:
- GAST Pineapple Sherbet
- GAST Avocado changed to changed to Spring Grass
- GAST Hyacinth changed to Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe Antique Violets
- GAST Lavender Potpourri
- GAST Dried Thyme changed to Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe Spring Green
- GAST Poinsettia
- GAST Tea Rose
- GAST Slate
- GAST Buttermilk changed to GAST Summer Meadow
- GAST Sarsaparilla
- GAST Cidermill Brown
- GAST Summer Meadow changed to Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe Dried Hay
- I also changed the color of the vase to Victorian Motto Sampler Shoppe Primitive Sky
And the finished piece is shown below. I am not sure yet how I will finish this one.